KOMMETJIE ROAD UPGRADE: CAPE TOWN CYCLE TOUR & CHANGE OF TEMPORARY SIGNAGE
Dear Interested & Affected Party,
On Sunday 10th March 2019 Cape Town hosts the annual Cape Town Cycle Tour. Part of the route of the tour goes through the Kommetjie Road upgrade project construction zone. In order to ensure that the cyclists have a safe route through this zone a number of interventions will occur over the next few days starting on Friday.
· Setting back of existing black and yellow delineators along sections of Ou Kaapseweg and Noordhoek Road.
· Removal of the delineators along the middle white barrier line of Ou Kaapseweg between Kommetjie Road and Buller Louw Boulevard;
· Erection of temporary pedestrian fencing panels along the abovementioned sections to ensure that cyclists do not enter the construction zone;
· Placement of straw bales at specific locations.
Once the last cyclists have passed through this zone the fencing panels and straw bales will be removed and the delineators replaced late on Sunday afternoon.
Motorists are requested to take care through this zone and to be aware of these short term changes over this period through to Sunday.
– Kommetjie Road upgrade project team
Chand Environmental Consultants
Suite 1.2 A
174 – 206 Main Road
Tel: (021) 762-3050